Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Manchester United EPL Soccer Betting Picks and Prediction for Thursday, February 1, 2024

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Manchester – The Wolverhampton Wanderers host Manchester United on Thursday in English Premier League action. The Wolverhampton Wanderers have struggled this season with an 8-5-8 record while Manchester United sits at 10-2-9. This EPL matchup provides an opportunity for some intriguing sports betting in Canada.

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Manchester United

Date & Time: Thursday, February 1, 2024, at 3:15 PM ET

Location: Molineux


Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Manchester United Betting Odds

Wolverhampton Wanderers+275+1 (-222)2.5 over (-105)
Manchester United+138-1 (+425)2.5 under (-118)

Wolverhampton Wanderers Analysis

The Wolves offense runs through forward Sasa Kalajdzic but he has yet to score this season in limited action. Midfielder Max Kilman leads the team with 6 goals while Craig Dawson has chipped in from the defender position. Kilman has taken 50 shots with 23 on target, using his size to create chances on set pieces. His 50 shots account for over 20% of the team’s total. Dawson has added scoring depth despite taking just 13 shots on the year. Together, they will test a Manchester United defense anchored by goalkeeper André Onana who has 6 clean sheets this season.

Defensively, goalkeeper José Sá has been solid for Wolverhampton. He has made 56 saves and allowed 27 goals in 19 starts, collecting 3 clean sheets. Sá does not make major mistakes, committing no fouls and picking up just 1 yellow card this season. He will be tested by a formidable Manchester United attack. The Wolves defense has also shown discipline, committing the second-fewest fouls in the EPL. However, the unit struggles to get stops consistently and allows the 5th most goals in the league. Sá and the defense must raise their performance to slow down the United attach.

Manchester United Analysis

Scott McTominay paces the Manchester United attack from the midfield position, leading the teams with 5 goals on 29 shots. His 13 shots on target highlight the quality scoring chances McTominay has created this season. Forwards Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes have added scoring punch with 7 combined goals. Rashford shoots often with 43 attempts and 12 on target. Fernandes also fires frequently at the net with 48 shots and 14 on goal this season. Facing them is a Wolves defense that has allowed the 5th most goals in the EPL this season. Goalkeeper José Sá could be in for a busy day against the United onslaught.

In goal for United is André Onana who has been one of the better goalkeepers in England. He has posted clean sheets in nearly 30% of starts behind a defense that does not give up many chances. Onana has made 73 saves on 101 shots faced, saving over 70% of shots on target. He has also been disciplined, picking up just 3 yellow cards with no fouls committed. Onana gives United stability in net and will be counted on against a Wolves attack that prefers quality attempts rather than a high quantity. Breaking down the United defense will be a challenge.

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Manchester United Against the Spread

The Wolves are 3-2 against the spread in their last 5 overall but just 6-5 at home. Manchester United has struggled to cover lately with a 1-4 ATS record in its last 5 matches. However, United is due for some positive regression in that department.

Manchester United’s totals have gone OVER 3 of the last 5 games. For the Wolves, totals have gone OVER 3 of the last 5 games and in 7 of 10 at home. This suggests an offensive battle is in store on Thursday.

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Manchester United Free Pick

Based on trends, team stats, and key players, here are the picks:

Moneyline: Wolverhampton Wanderers (+275). Given United’s recent form and Wolves’ resilience at home, an upset is certainly possible.

Spread: Wolverhampton Wanderers +1 (-222). Wolves boast an excellent record against the spread and their performance at Molineux makes them an attractive wager.

Total: Over 2.5 (-105). Both teams have shown tendencies to be involved in higher-scoring games, making the over a plausible pick.

Predicted Score: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2, Manchester United 1

In conclusion, while both teams present strengths and weaknesses, Wolverhampton Wanderers seem poised to leverage their home advantage. The spread appears to be the most reliable pick, considering both teams’ recent performances and trends. Bettors and EPL expert free picks may find value in backing Wolves in what promises to be an engaging and potentially high-scoring affair.